- Listen to what people say to you and show that they can open up to you..
- Don't be afraid to ask direct questions about suicidal thoughts - you won't put ideas into their head.
- Never keep suicide a secret.- if someone asks you to keep their suicidal thoughts a secret you cannot keep that promise.
- Dont try and deal with a situation on your own - always seek advice from a trusted adult or a medical professional
- If someone is talking about an immediate suicide attempt, don't leave them alone and seek immediate help.
For more information see "4 Steps to Help"