If someone is seriously depressed and thinking of attempting suicide there are often warning signs that family and friends can pick up on. Watching for these signs and acting upon them could save a life.
Warnings signs may include but are not limited to:
- Withdrawing from family and friends.
- Having difficulty concentrating and thinking clearly.
- Sleeping too much or too little.
- Feeling tired most of the time.
- Gaining or losing a significant amount of weight.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or guilty.
- Talking about suicide or death.
- Self-destructive behaviour like drinking too much or abusing drugs.
- Losing interest in favourite things or activities.
- Giving away prized possessions.
- Mood swings.